Empowering Human Workforce
Prosperity of any Nation, particularly in a knowledge centric economy, reflecting in the form of better quality of life for citizens, is primarily driven by availability of right skilled national human capital. However, equipping the national human capital with cognitive, employability, and character skills, the Right Skills, requires
- Improving the quality and relevance of education by synchronizing it with the ‘Fundamental Human Skills and Competency’ development, starting from the early age of the children / students
- Integrated usage of proven techniques (Activity Based Learning, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation), frameworks (Plan-Do-Check-Act), and technology (Information and Communication Technology)
- Enhancing the global competitiveness and responsible citizenry of national youth by imbibing sense of responsibility, social awareness, and value systems among them
Fundamental Human Skills and Competency Development Model, Peritia©
Entelki’s fundamental human skills and competency development model Peritia© is a brainchild of years’ of research of very senior educationists, child psychologists, human resource development experts, and technocrats. The model has been tested successfully with thousands of students from all strata of the society, urban, rural, and tribal.
Key Features of Peritia
- ABL [Activity Based Learning]
- CCE [Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation]
- ICT [Information and Communication Technology] enabled
- Compliant to various National (Indian) and International Policies, Acts and Frameworks
- UNESCO, Education For All Reports, 2012-2015
- (Indian) National Education Policy (Draft), 2016
- Education and Training 2020 Strategy (ET 2020)
- Holistic coverage for ensuring students’ all round development and enhancement of their skills and competencies to improve their employability
- Analytical / Independent Thinking
- Reasoning and Logic
- Literary Proficiency
- Numerical Proficiency
- Creativity, and Concentration
- General Knowledge, etc.
- Skills and competency development coverage extended to include traits required for converting the students into responsible citizens
- Sense of Responsibility
- Time Management
- Social Sense
- Built-in multi-tier monitoring and control system for providing 24 * 7 * 365 view of the progress
How the Model Works?
Ground level implementation of the model is based on the scientifically proven ‘Plan-Do-Check-Act’ methodology depicted below:
- For each student who is expected to undergo the skills and competency enhancement program through Peritia, an entry / base-line test is conducted at the beginning of the program that indicates his / her current skills and competency status
- The test outcome reveals the strengths as well as the areas of improvement of each student and of the entire class within a school. The areas of improvement thus revealed, provide inputs for setting up the improvement targets.
- The Program implementation is then scheduled by creating an ‘Activity Time Table’, similar to the academic time table for each class at the beginning of the academic year. This schedule also includes periodic review meetings for monitoring the progress over the baseline.
- Activities given in the system for improvement of skills and competencies are undertaken in the class during the scheduled ‘Activity Periods’
- Each student conducts the activity using the normal pen-paper mode, and submits the paper / note book to the teacher for evaluation
- The evaluation done by the teacher is entered into the system, which marks the end of the activity execution cycle
- During the scheduled review meetings the class performance is compared with the set targets and deviation or gap is identified.
- The gap analysis provides insight into whether the program is on the right track and enables school authorities to identify corrective actions, if not on the right track
- The corrective actions identify to bridge the gaps are then implemented and the process continues in a cyclic manner, until the set targets or objectives are achieved.
- Besides specific corrective actions, sometimes, even the implementation practices may have to be modified
- Review of the entire program is taken on a Quarterly / Half Yearly basis with all the stakeholders.